Monday, November 29, 2010

Review: Tangled

Ok..

First of all, let me just say that I'm not into "kid" stuff .. Never watched cartoons as a kid.. or a teen.. or an adult for that matter and since I've never had kids of my own I didn't have to deal with Barney or the Wiggles or the whatevers.

I count my blessings every night.

But back in July, we took Josh to see Despicable Me and while we waited for the movie to start, they showed a trailer for Disney's Tangled.

And I absolutely adored it and committed myself by telling Tim that I wanted to see it when it came out. His blue eyes lit up like candles where behind them because anytime he can get me to watch anything "family", he thinks he scored big.

Except for Space Chimps or Moon Monkeys or whatever that stupid movie was called. That one is completely off limits.

Anyway.. back to Tangled.

I had the opportunity to watch it tonight and let me tell you.. I LOVED.. LOVED.. LOVED IT!!

If you can't already guess, it's a tweeked version of Rapunzel .. the chick stuck in a tower with miles and miles of hair.

But it's smart .. it's better then "well written" .. the CGI is so amazing that you sometimes forget that you're not watching real people .. well.. until the animals talk and sing .. but you know what I mean. It's just clever and you never get the sense that you're watching a kids' movie.

Definitely one where I'd recommend going to the movies.. buying the big bucket of popcorn AND spring for the cheesy nachos. I guarantee you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top