Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Review: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Um..

I would have reviewed this sooner ( it was released on 11.09 ) but I've been too busy playing the damn things.

I'll be honest with you.. I can't really give you an unbiased opinion because Call Of Duty is my favorite game to play on PS3.

And PLEASE can we forgo the PS3 vs Xbox rants? It's old. Honestly, it is. And since most of the people going back and forth about it are adults, can we just put our high school letterman sweaters away and just agree to disagree?

One other thing.. save your time and don't waste mine with the hate mail, ok? If you don't like my review... then write your own. It's that simple.

Ok.. so to me, Black Ops is a well made hybred of World at War and Modern Warfare 2. The think I liked most about WAR was how the guns had some body to them and didn't fly all over the place when you shot. MW2 is a bitch of a game to play because I could never shoot steady. Again, that's me. With BO, set in the Vietnam / Cold War era (supposedly) I can manage the guns so I don't appear to be a total noob when I first played.

One thing in this game that wasn't in other COD games is that you can purchase your weapon attachments. Prior to, all you did was rack up kills and your reward for those kills was a scope or extended mags or whatever. Now, you bank enough COD dough and you can buy whatever you want whenever you want. Some things do require you hit certain levels to unlock but it was cool getting extended mags right off the bat.

There are also a lot of other neat little things that you can "buy" .. you can change the colors of your sight lens or change the actual dot into something cool like a heart or smiley face. Gives you a giggle on the kill cam!

The RC exploding cars are cool .. but you have to make sure you use them when you know where an enemy is because they're blow up on you and the crossbow is as cool as hell.

Like MW2, you get additional points for doing stuff like revenge kills or buzz kills or payback kills and you have the option of picking your killstreak rewards.

I'm not sure if the simulation is in other games.. never checked. But, yknow, getting used to new maps is a bitch especially when you are up against people who live in their mother's basement and have already prestiged up twice so the simulation is an awesome way to learn the maps and find the little nooks and crannies.

So if you're a PS3er, keep an eye out for WarKittenz.

Cause that's me holding two paws up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top