Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Review: The Resident

Ok..

I don't think I EVER used the word "creepy" so much in 91 minutes in my life.

I don't think I ever had chills running up my spine so much in 91 minutes.

AND ...

I don't think my chin was on my knees so much in 91 minutes.

How the HELL did I miss this movie??

Hilary Swank plays Juliette, an ER doctor who moves into an apartment building after she finds out the love of her life cheated on her.

Jeffery Dean Morgan :: who's all hot butter-scotchy :: portrays her landlord Max.

So here's Juliette with a job she loves... a too-awesome apartment that's too cheap for NYC.. and a hunky landlord with the weird grandfather.

Oh.. did I mention the weird grandfather?

Anyway.. what more could a girl want, right?

You know that saying about things being too good to be true usually aren't? Well, I'm going to guess that Juliette skipped that message because her Romeo :: come on, you knew that was coming! :: is this creepy guy who does creepy, creepy things.

Sooooo creepy that I told Tim that if I ever had to live in an apartment it would be ONE BIG ROOM with lights on 24/7..

And honestly, it's one of those creepy movies that is on point.. there wasn't one scene where I was like, ".. Oh! Come on! How the hell DIDN'T you notice that???? " It's well written.. well acted... and was exactly what it set out to be.

If you like creepy movies that stick with you.. you'll love this one.

So grab the DVD... pop a bag of microwave popcorn.. and grab a pillow or blanket to grip on to. THEN let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top