Sunday, February 20, 2011

Review: The Dilemma

Oh man.

I soooooooo wanted to love this movie! I mean, come on! Vince Vaughn? Kevin James?

Tell me you can't watch ONE episode of King of Queens' and not spend half of it on the floor hysterical.

Such high hopes. Such a huge let down. I would have settled for just "liking" the damn movie.

Don't get me wrong.. there were some funny moments but everything seemed soooo draaagggged out that it didn't matter what was funny anymore because I just wanted it to end.

Vaughn and James play best friends from college who now own a small business doing something with car engines. They get a meeting with a big car manufacturer and that puts all kinds of pressure on Nick (Kevin James) who is just so not good under any kind of pressure.

Oh.. Queen Latifah play a car company executive and COMPLETELY steals every scene she's in.

Anyway, Ronny (Vaugh) discovers that Nick's wife Geneva (played by Winona Ryder who sounds like she either downed a few bottles of whiskey or smoked a carton of cigarettes.. maybe both) is cheating on him and there in lies the movie title.

Should he tell Nick? Should he wait to tell Nick until after the deal with the car exec? Should he press Geneva to tell Nick? Why doesn't he tell his OWN girlfriend (Jennifer Connelly) instead of letting her think that he's back to him gambling way?

Too much of a dilemma if you ask me.. everything is over the top and well, boring.

Check it out if you got absolutely nothing better to do but I would wait until it's on late night cable.

1 comment:

Back to Top