Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review: The Green Hornet

I'm not a comic book person .. not a super-hero person .. not a cartoon person ..

I don't do Superman .. don't to Batman.. don't do whatever other super-hero comes to life on the big screen.

Not my gig so when I tell you that I was NOT looking forward to seeing The Green Hornet then trust.

I was NOT looking forward to sitting through this movie and had all kids of diversions set up on my iPod Touch to make the 119 minutes bearable.

I was wrong.

Even though this IS your typical super hero movie, Seth Rogan as the under achieving son of a newspaper owner brings a whole other dimension to the other wise stoic Bruce Waynes and Clark Kents of the comic world.

Throw in Jay Chou as THE perfect Kato since Bruce Lee (Tim's opinion because he knows about this stuff more then I do) and you have a movie that was action packed and funny enough to keep even me entertained.

Believe me, that's saying something.

Cameron Diaz, in her role as Lenore the secretary, is also more of an asset then eye candy.

Good flick.. glad I watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top