Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Recap: Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Reunion

Oh man.

Ok.

First off, Part 1 of the reunion was screwed up by my cable provider so I just combined the post after watching Part II.

And just let me state AGAIN that I want to be Lisa Vanderpump when I grow up..

Does she not ooze class? Does she not ooze charm and wit and the right amount of sarcasm?

There were two questions that I hoped the reunion would answer. One was.. One wasn't:

WHAT HAPPENED WITH CEDRIC?


If you watched the show, you already know that Cedric was Lisa and Ken's "permanent" mooch house guest. As the story goes, they opened the door to their fortune lives to him a long time ago but felt that after bringing him to the states.. giving him free room, board and every thing else, it was time for this 30-something year old man to move out.

Cedric didn't necessarily see it that way.. but after the season ended, he packed his bags. Well, he packed Ken's bags with his stuff.. and left. But you know, you can't live that lifestyle, lose it and be a happy camper so Cedric went on a smear campaign even going as far as meeting with Ken and Lisa demanding a pay off or he'll go to the trash rags.

What struck me is that these are decent, genuinely giving people in the truest sense of the word. You could feel their hurt and didn't try to hide the fact that they got hoodwinked by a fuzzy dude who wears a neon green and purple banana hammock.

While I comment Ken for wanting to punch Cedric for the hurtful things he said, I can't imagine him squashing a bug let alone going mano y mano with Cedric. Of course, I think Cedric is too much of a sissy to get into a physical altercation either .. kind of reminds me of the Bridget Jone's Diary scene where Colin Firth and Hugh Grant "try" and fight ..

THE KYLE AND KIM FIGHT

I'm only going to say this...

While I respect that fact that some things are private.. you can't have your life played out on a reality television show and then lock your lips about it. It just isn't fair, dammit!!

So what did we get?

"I love my sister" ... " I wish it never happened " ... " I'm not going to talk about it " ... " I don't have a problem with brushing my teeth with JD alcohol " ...  " I love my sister " ...

BORING!!

I wanted to know just what house did Kyle steal from Kim? Just how did Mauricio support Kim? What happened with the rehab??

The fact that they are sisters and have a long history made this more compelling so keeping mum about it was screwed.

Other then that, the reunion was pretty unspectacular.

Adrienne had very little to contribute other then the fact that she has had fillers, botox and a prenup. Then again, she really wasn't involved in much during the season so other then wearing the same blingy bling shoes that she wore the night of Taylor's infamous party, she was just decoration.

Taylor.. well, really.. who cares? Considering that she's not the brightest crayon in the box, you'd think she would know how to play stupid a lot better then she did when Kim called her out on the whole throwing down some Oklahoma remark. Kudos to Kim though, she backed Taylor up in a corner and hit that hot spot. If her lips weren't plastic, I'm sure we would have seen them quiver!

And then we have Camille. No so much a feeder fish anymore, huh?

I was actually impressed with her .. she didn't play victim quite as much as I thought she would and was kind of impressed that she owned her faux pas' .. I really think her issue is that she can't get what's in her brain out of her mouth and everything gets all twisted .

In other randomness:

  • Loved how Lisa seemed to be crushing on Handsome Nick
  • Andy Cohen putting Adrienne on the spot regarding fixing Kim up with her "available" brothers
  • Could just sit all night and swoon over Mauricio
  • Laughed when Russell said he wouldn't be able to keep up with a 20 year old
  • Really think Dr. Paul needs his own show!


And so I wait for their next season .. I really do think this is the best of the franchise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top