Monday, December 27, 2010

Review: The Tourist

If you need any further evidence that the universe is off kilter and maybe.. just maybe the Mayan's were right about the world ending in 2012.. then let me offer this:

There would have been NO WAY to convince me that I would not love a movie with both Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp.

But then comes The Tourist.

I think, perhaps, this was suppose to be a different movie. Maybe one with just the right mix of sarcasm, wit and intelligence.

Hell.. maybe even one with a good script.

Hell.. MAYBE even one with good acting??????

Oh how it pains me to say these things!!

You know the story, right? European Femme Fatal seduces dopey American only to have Dopey American fall in love with her and screw up the plan that caused her to involve him in the first place.

It's been done before.. only better.

Angie's looking haggard (guess six kids will do that to you) and while she's always been easier on MY eyes, she had my ears bleeding with her fake British accent. It's almost as bad as Demi Moore's in The Scarlet Letter. Trust on that one.

Johnny Depp, as the Dopey American, practically sleep walks through the movie. It was all I could do to keep from shouting, "... come the hell ON, will ya?" .. Yes. That bad.

I will say that the movie redeemed itself in the 10 minutes or so but really, it was far too little.. far too late.

Pass on this one.. I wouldn't even part with a buck at the Red Box for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top