Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review: Devil

M. Night Shyamalan is back!

After the mega success of The Sixth Sense, his movies seemed to slowly roll down the hill.

I mean, Unbreakable was a movie I had to watch a few times in order to appreciate it .. Signs go really.. really hokey at the end with the whole alien finger under the door stuff .. I thought The Village showed some an upswing but then by the time The Lady In The Water and The Happening came out I no longer got excited anymore by his films.

I only watched Devil because 1) I was bored and 2) My cousin Charlie raved about it on a Facebook post.

Yea.. I'm just soooo discriminating, huh? LOL!

Anyway.. I'm glad I was bored and that Charlie raved about it because this movie.. THIS movie is CLASSIC Shyamalan!

The premise seems simple. Five people get stuck in an elevator. But it never is simple.. and OMG!! I so want to get into the plot and everything but I SOOOO don't want to ruin it for anybody.

Ok.. so there's the Detective, who's 90 days sober after coming to terms with the hit and run death of his wife and son. He gets a call about a suicide and while he's checking that out, receives another call about the people stuck in the elevator, one of whom seems to have been assaulted.

And it all goes from there..

And like classic Shyamalan, you have no clue what your going to get banged with in the last 10 minutes.

The movie is only 80 minutes or so.. not very long.. but it will keep you on the edge of your seat.

My only regret is that I ran out of Gummi Bears five minutes into the movie.

Watch this. I guarantee you'll be talking about it every chance you get to every one you see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top