Saturday, December 11, 2010

Review: Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew Season 4

Dr. Drew certainly does get around, huh? Between LoveLine, Teen Mom, Celebrity Rehab .. I think it's safe to say that where ever the celebrity, the infamous and the dysfunction meet, Dr. Drew is right there next to the "equal" sign.

That is, if VH1 is anywhere near the vicinity. They've seem to corner the market on craziness.

At any rate, I  like Dr. Drew. I like his facial expressions and his calm eye rolls and he really does seem to have sincere motivations in helping these twits .. even though the majority of them see this as a way to put some much needed dough in their pockets.

Seriously.. look at the last three seasons and you won't find a Lindsay Lohan among them..

Since I don't drink or do drugs.. I really believe my addiction is watching people who do. It fascinates me and I think this is the first season where I was familiar with the whole cast. Well, except for one. But we'll get to that later.

Expect the same dramas.. the same break thrus.. the same dysfunctions.. the same tantrums... because if there's one thing I've learned, it's that it doesn't matter if one is a celebrity or not. A junkie is a junkie is a junkie.

Eric Roberts
Before he was "Julia's brother" and "Emma's father", Eric was quite the actor himself. In fact, I think I remember drooling over him waaaay back in the 80's when King of the Gypsy was release.

Back in then, coke ran rampant and as the story goes, he was more then happy to sit on a pile of it. Now, according to him, his only vice is pot that he "vaporizes". Who knew.

The one thing that is getting on my nerves already is his over use of the word "baby". Sorry, Eric, the whole lounge lizard thing went out with the big piles of coke.

Frankie Lons
Um.

Who?

Her bio says that she's "..Keisha Cole's biological mother".

Um.. ok.

And.. um.. excuse me for being ignorant but who is Keisha Coles? I may not know who she is because I only listen to country and alternative music but even Jason Davis asked the same question so I don't feel so bad.

Janice Dickenson
I LOVE Janice!!

The self described "First Super Model" and the epitome of a "hot mess" .. I just love her. Maybe it's because I read her autobiography years ago so I know a little bit of the history that made her what she became but I really think that she is one of the few that really does want to beat her demons.

I doubt that the "clean" Janice will be anywhere near as entertaining but she deserves to have some peace in her life.

Jason "Gummi Bear" Davis
Jason is what happens when excess is used in place of love. He was raised by his billionaire grandfather who died when Jason was 15, leaving Jason alone, lost, unloved and self medicating with drugs. He lives behind his walls and it's soo obvious that he pushes people away before they can get close. He's truly socially inept and it's sad.

At 25 (I think), he's a shell of a person. Doesn't take care of his health.. doesn't take care of his hygiene. He just doesn't give a crap and at the onset of this season, he just seems like he's going through the motions waiting to die. Interestingly, he was on an episode of Millionaire Matchmaker last season and the change between then and now is sad.

Ironically, he's one that I'm rooting for.

Jason Wahler
I think Jason Wahler was one of those 11th hour addicts signed on because they needed one more person for the show.

I mean, really. He's one of those people who are famous for being famous. Or change that to infamous. He's known for three things 1) Filming Laguna Beach and The Hills 2) Dating Lauren Conrad 3) Getting a DUIs like.. every other night.

His drug of choice is alcohol and even though is so obvious that he's an alcoholic that needs help, I'm not sure he has the big personality needed to be on this show. How's that for sick, right?

Jeremy London
Poor Jeremy. No matter how hard he tries.. or how much he believes it himself.. the fact that he was kidnapped and forced to smoke crack at gunpoint is just.. well.. come on.. a little hard to believe.

I know you remember that story, right? Maybe it did happen... I don't know. But Jeremy and his baby's momma (who is also being treated at the same facility but off camera) have issues. BIG issues. Hopefully they both get their shit together.

Leif Garrett
Like Janice.. I really, really, REALLY hope that Leif is finally able to get the help that he needs. From my guesti-mation, he's been an addict for what? Thirty years? Hard core stuff.. not just vaporizing pot.

Along with the whole child-star target on his back, he carries around the guilt of paralyzing his best friend and as we all learned by following Mike Starr from Alice in Chains last season, that bag of guilt is no joke.

I've seen plenty of documentaries and interview with Leif and honestly, I do hope he gets clean. But deep down I think he's on the show just for the paycheck.. and that's really sad.

Rachel Uchitel
Even though I think that Rachel Uchitel isn't talking about this on camera.. doesn't want it mentioned on camera.. she's the chick that did Tiger Woods when he was married and started that whole ball rolling.

Ok.. I get that you don't want to be "known" for that but come on.. do you think no one remembers?

Anyway.. she's pretty messed up mentally. Her father OD'd when she was young and her fiance was killed in the 9/11 attacks so she has major abandonment issues. That's no joke and even though she thinks she doesn't have "street cred" because she's not a hard core junkie like some of the others, she's got issues that are screwing up her life in the same way.

So there you have the cast of Season 4. Should be interesting. They seem to be MORE of everything.. more addicted.. more troubled.. more diva-ish.. more resistant.

Dr. Drew has his work cut out for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top