Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Review: Paranormal Activity 2

Oh brother.

Where do I begin?

Y'know.. I wasn't a big fan of the first Paranormal Activity. It was a semi-cool premise but I remember thinking at the time that the writer focused on the wrong things and went completely absurd with the whole finding of an exorcism gone bad vlog.

When I saw the trailer for PA2, I figured.. yknow.., that the whole thing with the baby and the dog might.. MIGHT.. have a little promise and maybe.. MAYBE.. the writer would have learned his lesson from the first one and really make an exceptional mind flipping film.

No.,. it's not street drugs I'm smoking.

The movie is only 78 minutes long. By the 60 minute mark, I was ready to dump the popcorn and be on my way because I've never sat through something SO BORING in my life. It was almost painful. The climax happens in the last five minutes and is viewed through what is suppose to be a night vision video camera. Couldn't tell you what the hell happened because nothing made sense.

A few things that could have been interesting but really didn't bridge the gap with anything stronger then Tarzan vines are the facts that this movie is suppose to have been filmed two months prior to the first one .. Micah and Katie make an appearance and his visit is what is suppose to have started his love affair with video taping everything.

Katie is the sister of the movies baby's mama and remember in the first one where Katie supposedly has had a demon following her for all her life? Well.. wouldn't you think that when starts to go hokey she wouldn't be so dismissive of it?

Another weird thing that tried to tie the two movies together is the photo o the little dead relative girl. The one that supposedly burned in a fire? Yea. well.. it shows up here with the same damn line and somewhere at the end someone burns it. Why? Have no idea. Doesn't make sense.

The other randomly bizarre made no sense at all moment happened at the very end. I'm not going to give it away but words flashed up on the screen saying so and so haven't been seen.. but we did see so and so and know where so and so was and know what happened to so and so ... stupid.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time or money to see this. Well.. unless it was a date and someone else way paying I guess would be ok. But seriously, I wouldn't even through a dollar in Red Box to rent it. Catch it when it comes on a free cable movie channel or something like that 'cause this is really two thumbs AND two toes down

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this honest review. Sounds like it STUNK! I'll save my $9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So welcome, Jean... you don't know how BAD I want to see good movies!!! I <3 <3 <3 good movies but never seem to find any!! :(

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top