Saturday, March 5, 2011

Review: Unknown

Other potential titles for this film:


  • UNKNOWN REASONS WHY I WASTED MY TIME?
  • UNKNOWN REASONS WHY LIAM NEESON WASTED HIS TIME MAKING THIS FILM
  • WHY THIS MOVIE WAS EVEN MADE IS UNKNOWN

You get the picture, right?

Come on.

I'm not even a fan of Liam Neeson but really, really loved TAKEN so it's not like I'm being biased.

So.. okay... don't expect much:

Dr. Martin Harris (Neeson) and his wife Elizabeth (January Jones) travel to Germany from some bio-something-or-other conference. After landing and making their way to the hotel, Martin realizes he left his briefcase at the airport and jumps in a taxi to go get it. The taxi falls victim to a fridge or something falling off a truck, careens to avoid smashing into it and winds up crashing over the side of a bridge and into a river.

Personally, with my fear of bridges, I would have choses to go head on with the fridge but that's just me.

The taxi driver, Gina (Diana Kruger) pulls Martin out of the sinking cab and takes off.

Martin wakes up from a coma 4 days later with his memories kind of in tact but more then a little foggy and sets about to reunite with his wife. Only his wife doesn't know who he is.. even though she IS married to Dr. Martin Harris but he's now being played by Aidan Quinn.

Personally, I would go with Aidan Quinn myself but that's just me.

So now we fight through waves of molasses watching Neeson prove he is who he is.. running through Germany with Kruger being shot at and all this other nonsense.

There is a twist .. well, one that any novice movie watcher will catch on to right away.. that could have been semi interesting if it was done properly .. and probably the best scene in the movie was probably about 3 minutes long and between two secondary actors (Frank Langella and Bruno Ganz) .. other then that, HUGE waste of time.

Save your money .. save your time..

AND if you completely think I'm off base, well the only think I can say to that is your taste in movies is UNKNOWN.

I know.. I know.. cheesy.. but cut me some slack!

1 comment:

Back to Top