Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good Stuff: One Second Needle

I'll be the first one to admit that I am an INFOMERCIAL JUNKIE!!

Not that I ever buy anything.. having been married to some one who bought EVERYTHING advertised kind of does that to you .. but I think they're so ridiculously over the top and in my experience, hardly ever did what they were said to do.

Now, I have a lot of hobbies. I'm always crafting something.. or crocheting something.. or scrap booking something.. and living with four males who have absolutely NO concept of taking care of anything, I do a lot of sewing.

All those require eye sight and unfortunately, mine isn't what it used to be. Blame it on age or blame it on a bad prescription from America's Best Eyeglasses (don't ever go there, please. WalMart is actually SO much better!) .. I can't see the way I used to and trying to thread a needle has become way beyond frustrating.

When I get frustrated, I tend to throw things.

So when I first saw the informercial for the One Second Needle, I was way more then intrigued and really wanted to order it but never quite had the funds whenever the commercial aired. Blame it on Tim, but I've gotten very ... um... frugal? these last couple of years. People who know me BT (Before Tim) know that I'm not one to over analyze spending ten bucks.

But.. it is what it is now ..

The other night I happened to be in WalGreen's and they have an AS! SEEN! ON! TV! wall. Knowing that I had a pair of Josh's pants to hem, I looked over what they had and low and behold, they had the One Second Needle.. complete with a gaggle of multi colored spools of thread! I was in heaven.

I bought it but was still a little skeptical .. but I got it home and guess what? It WORKED!! OMG!! Did it work!! I couldn't believe it and went searching around for things to sew just so I could thread the damn needle!!

This will definitely make life a whole lot easier.. and faster.. especially because I have a cross-stitching project to do that I've been putting off because of the whole needle threading thing.

So get this.. get it for yourself.. get it for an elderly person in your life.. get it for everybody!! I can't see how this isn't the perfect gift for someone who needs to use a needle!!

It was only 9.99 and comes with 4 large needles and 4 small needles. Also included was a mini sewing kit with buttons, pins, straight pins, scissors, different color thread and a measuring tape. Great to keep in your office drawer, handbag or glove compartment!

Try it and let me know what you think! I'm sure you can find it in stores.. like I said, I got mine at WalGreen's but I've seen As Seen On Tv displays in Walmart and supermarkets.

3 comments:

  1. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top