Monday, January 24, 2011

Review: Choose

ME: This looks like a good one..
TIM: What's it about..
ME: A girl finds her parents hog tied and is told she has 60 seconds to choose who gets killed.. her mother or her father. If she can't decide then he kills both.
TIM: I would choose neither. That's horrible!!!!
ME: ... and that's why it's a "horror" film? Duh?
TIM: Good point.

Ok..

That brief synopsis is only what occurs in the first five minutes of the movie...

Even BEFORE the credits!

Not sure how this one missed my radar.. and with Kevin Pollack and Bruce Dern you wouldn't think it would have gone straight to video.

It shouldn't have...

This is THE BEST psychological thiller / horror movie that I've seen in a long time .. better then "Case 39" and "My Soul To Take" .. maybe even combined.

Smartly written.. not cheesy... not unbelievable.

And that's probably the scariest thing about this movie.

This mad man (he isn't necessarily a "killer" because he doesn't actually kill his victims) gives his victims a choice.. I'm not going to give anything away so let's say he makes them choose between A or B .. Black or White.. Apples or Oranges ...

For each victim, either choice is devastating so it basically becomes the lesser of to evils..

And everything.. everything ties in.. no loose strings.. no questions left unanswered.. everything fits right down to the last second of the film..

If I tell you anymore it's going to feel like I'm giving something away and this movie is too good to go into it knowing "something".

So my  lips are sealed.. you'll have to watch it for yourself and let me know what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top